In honor of Preservation Month, the Village of Lancaster Historic Preservation Commission, at their May meeting, recognized one distinct Town property within the Village Historic District for its’ contribution to historic preservation.
“Town of Lancaster - Historical Society Building” (40 Clark St.) is recognized as a Heritage Property for recently completed repairs and historic reconstruction of a historic property. The Colonial Revival style residence (ca. 1894 – moved 1940) “Potter-Eaton House” is a contributing structure to the Central Avenue Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The recent repair/reconstruction campaign, conducted by the Town of Lancaster, included: new porch foundation piers; reconstruction of the rounded open entry porch deck; new porch roof; reproduction of rounded spindlework balustrades at the porch and porch roof; and reconstruction of the widows walk balustrade at the upper roof.
Michael Meyer, RA, Chair of the Commission, presented a plaque to Town Supervisor Ronald Ruffino and Historical Society President Karen Sutton recognizing the Town’s property at the Commission’s June meeting.